Suzannah McCord joined RMP LLP as an associate attorney in January 2018. Her practice focuses on estate planning, probate and trust administration, business organizations, transactions and non-profit work.
As an estate planner, Suzannah prepares wills, trusts, powers of attorneys, advance health care directives or “living wills” and pre- and post-nuptial agreements. Additionally, she assists clients in estate administrations including probating wills, post-death trust administrations, heirship determinations, and the preparation and filing of estate tax returns.
Suzannah represents numerous business owners in planning and creating new business entities. She handles all types of corporate transactions, including purchase agreements, buy/sell agreements, mergers, and conversions. Suzannah also represents non-profits in all aspects of forming and maintaining private foundations and public charities, including applications for 501(c)(3) federal income tax exemption status.
Additionally, she has provided consultation to accounting firms and out of state law firms regarding estate planning an administration matters, as well as tax reporting matters.
Admitted to practice in Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas, Florida and before the United States Tax Court, Suzannah serves clients across nation. She previously practiced in Texas before coming home to Northwest Arkansas. Suzannah was born and raised in Siloam Springs, Arkansas.
- Member of Arkansas Bar Association
- Leadership Fayetteville Class XXXIII
- Business Law
- Business Planning
- Estate Planning
- Probate Administrations
- Real Estate
- Taxation Law
- Tax Exempt Organization and Charitable Planning
- Tax Planning
- Trust Administrations
Community & Recognitions
- ArkBar Young Lawyers Wills for Hero’s pro bono Estate Planning clinic for local police, firefighters and first responders.
- Ronald McDonald House family room volunteer.
- Leadership Fayetteville with Fayetteville Chamber of Commerce.
- Arkansas Law Review, Note & Comment Editor.
- Former speaker at Smart Women Smart Money 2019 conference.
- Judge Thomas F. Butt Award for Excellence in Legal Writing.
- New York City Bar Association’s Regional Moot Court Competition, Co-Chair.
- Pearson Fellow, awarded to two students achieving high ethical and academic standards.
- Publication: Corporate Self-Representation: Is it Truly the Unauthorized Practice of Law? (67 Ark. L. Rev. 371).
- Young Lawyers of the month in Amarillo Bar Association.
Associations & Memberships
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Texas Bar Association
- United States Tax Court