Mergers & Acquisitions
During any mergers and acquisitions, RMP advises its business clients with respect to the tax and corporate considerations in choosing and maintaining the client’s business structure. RMP believes that advising clients on these matters involves much more than drafting “form” corporate governance documents. RMP works with its clients on an ongoing basis with respect to:
- corporate, partnership and governance issues;
- tax planning opportunities;
- shareholder, partner and member buy-sell arrangements;
- corporate finance issues;
- buying, selling and merger opportunities;
- recapitalizations and reorganizations; and business succession planning.
RMP also represents lenders and creditors in commercial lending transactions. The attorneys at RMP have extensive experience in negotiating and drafting loan documents for complex, secured lending transactions. RMP’s lawyers are experienced in several aspects of commercial lending, including:
- representation of traditional and non-traditional lenders in real estate and other asset-based lending transactions;
- representation of borrowers in structuring, procuring and negotiating business loans, including assisting the client with cash flow and balance sheet analysis;
- assisting lenders and borrowers in workout and distressed asset situations.
Questions to ask an attorney before starting a business With so many things to think about when starting a business, it's important to remember one of the most important steps: consulting with an attorney. While having an attorney on retainer may not be needed,...