Kasper Huber joined RMP LLP in March 2016 and was named a partner in 2021. His practice focuses on estate planning, estate administration, business formations and transactions, real estate transactions and §1031 exchanges, and federal and state tax disputes.
A substantial portion of his practice involves creating estate plans for clients. This includes the preparation of revocable trusts, wills, and financial and healthcare powers of attorneys. Additionally, he assists clients with complex estate planning tools and gifting strategies such as grantor retained annuity trusts (GRATs), irrevocable life insurance trusts (ILITs), charitable lead annuity trusts (CLATs), and family limited partnerships (FLPs). Kasper also assists clients with the preparation and filing of gift tax returns associated with these strategies. Additionally, Kasper assists clients in estate administrations including post-death trust administrations, probating wills and intestate estates, and the preparation and filing of federal estate tax returns.
Kasper represents numerous business owners in planning and forming new business entities. This includes filing organization documents with the state, making tax elections and crafting the governing instruments to meet the needs of each individual client. Additionally, he handles all types of corporate transactions, including purchase agreements, buy/sell agreements, mergers, and reorganizations. In representing developers, business clients, and wealthy individuals, Kasper regularly advises clients regarding real estate ownership structures, commercial sales and purchases, commercial leases, §1031 exchanges, and other various real estate issues. Kasper also assists non-profit corporations in their formation and applications for federal income tax exempt status under §501(c)(3).
Kasper represents individual and corporate taxpayers in large dollar and/or complicated disputes including federal income tax audits, federal estate and gift tax audits, state income tax audits and state sales and use tax audits.
Kasper practiced in his hometown, Jonesboro, Arkansas, before returning to Fayetteville. He and his wife are members of Fellowship Bible Church in Fayetteville and enjoy attending Arkansas Razorback football and basketball games, going to the lake and traveling.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, LL.M. in Taxation, 2014
- University of Arkansas, J.D., cum laude, 2013
- University of Arkansas, B.A., cum laude, 2010
- Business Law
- Estate Planning, Probate, and Trusts
- IRS and State Tax Controversies
- Real Estate and 1031 Exchanges
- Taxation Law and Tax Planning
- Tax-Exempt Organizations and Charitable Planning
Community & Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America©: “Ones to Watch” Trusts and Estates (2021-2022)
- The Best Lawyers in America©: “Ones to Watch” Real Estate Law (2021-2022)
- Speaker, “Tax and Business Update: Major Changes From Tax Reform and COVID-19 Developments,” Arkansas Bar Association Annual Meeting (June 2020)
- Speaker, “Opportunity Zones Program and §1031 Exchanges,” Waco Title (July 2018, April 2019)
- Speaker, “Income Tax Planning & Techniques for the Small Business Owner,” RMP Business Summit, November 2017
- Speaker, “Worker Classification: Employee or Independent Contractor,” RMP Business Summit, November 2017
Associations & Memberships
- Member of American Bar Association
- Member of Arkansas Bar Association
- Member of Washington County Bar Association
- United States District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Arkansas
- United States Tax Court
5519 Hackett Road, Suite 300
Springdale, Arkansas 72762
Phone: (479) 443-2705 ext. 10105
Facsimile: (479) 443-2718
Kasper Huber joined the firm in March 2016. He earned his Master of Laws degree in Taxation from the University of Florida in Gainesville. He received his undergraduate degree and law degree from the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville.