Taxation Law and Tax Planning
RMP provides taxation law advice to individuals and closely held corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships on many issues, including:
- tax controversies involving estate, gift, income, sales, and use taxes;
- start-up and ongoing tax planning for business entities;
- tax planning for sales, purchases and mergers of businesses and business assets;
- tax issues related to corporate finance and debt relief;
- tax planning for tax-exempt organizations, private foundations and charitable giving; and
- tax planning for real estate transactions, including real estate development planning and IRC Section 1031 exchanges.
IRS RECEIVES ADDITIONAL FUNDING
On August 16, 2022, President Biden signed into law the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022, Pub. L. No. 117-169 (“IRA”). The IRA purports to curb inflation by reducing the national deficit and includes tax, climate, and healthcare provisions. According to the nonpartisan...
Need more information?