Wendy Johnson is an experienced litigator and trial lawyer who joined RMP LLP as a Partner in July 2019.
Ms. Johnson co-leads the Investigations and Corporate Compliance practice area, where she advises and represents clients in all significant areas of governmental investigations, compliance, white-collar criminal investigations, large-scale corporate internal investigations, complex tax, and antitrust investigations.
Ms. Johnson regularly represents clients facing investigations brought by various divisions of the U.S. Department of Justice, including the Criminal Division, Tax Division; Antitrust Division, and Public Integrity Section.
Prior to transitioning to private practice, Ms. Johnson spent 12 years as an Assistant United States Attorney, where she served as First Assistant United States Attorney, and eight years as a state Deputy Prosecuting Attorney. Ms. Johnson provides clients with a vast understanding of the enforcement functions of federal and state governmental and regulatory agencies.
Ms. Johnson is a distinguished litigator, having tried many jury trials at both the state and federal levels and having argued numerous cases before the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Recently, Ms. Johnson led a team who successfully defended a National Sales Director in the poultry industry charged with criminal conspiracy by the Antitrust Division of the Department of Justice for fixing prices and rigging bids over an 8-year period. Throughout a seven-week trial in Denver in the fall of 2021, which ended in a hung jury, and then a second trial during the spring of 2022, which resulted in another hung jury, Ms. Johnson and RMP’s litigation team launched an aggressive defense to the government’s case which ultimately resulted in the case being dismissed with prejudice by the Antitrust Division, and earned the team top honors as AmLaw’s Litigators of the Week.
- University of Arkansas School of Law J.D.
- Ouachita Baptist University B.A.
- Anti-Corruption Compliance (FCPA)
- Antitrust Litigation
- Commerical Litigation
- Complex White Collar Litigation
- Government Investigations
- Healthcare Investigations- Civil and Criminal
- Internal Investigations
- Investigations and Corporate Compliance
- Tax Controversy and Litigation – Civil and Criminal
- Threat Management and Risk Assessment
Community & Recognitions
- 2nd Vice President, Women’s Foundation of Arkansas
- Appointed to Arkansas Ethics Commission, 2021
- Board of Directors, Chair Governance Committee, Women’s Foundation of Arkansas
- Board of Directors, K-Life (2013-2014)
- Alumni Board, Ouachita Baptist University (2012-2014)
- Volunteer, Habitat for Humanity
- Volunteer, Northwest Arkansas Food Bank
Associations & Memberships
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Arkansas Bar Association
- Member, Washington County Bar Association
- Member, Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Member, DRI Government Enforcement & Corporate Compliance Committee
- Member, International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC)
- Member, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL)
- United States District Court (Eastern and Western Districts of Arkansas)
- United States District Court (Colorado)
- United States District Court ( Western Missouri)