Christopher Plumlee is an experienced trial lawyer who joined RMP LLP in 2019 as a partner. Mr. Plumlee co-leads the Investigations and Corporate Compliance practice area, where he advises and represents clients in a variety of governmental investigations, compliance, white-collar criminal investigations, large-scale global corporate internal investigations, complex tax, and antitrust investigations. Mr. Plumlee routinely represents clients facing investigations by the U.S. Department of Justice, including the Criminal Division, Tax Division, Antitrust Division and Public Integrity Section.
As a former Assistant United States Attorney, Mr. Plumlee served as Chief of the Criminal Division. Mr. Plumlee also served six years as a Deputy Prosecuting Attorney. Mr. Plumlee is an accomplished trial attorney, having tried numerous cases to juries at both the state and federal level. In addition, Mr. Plumlee has argued numerous cases before the 8th Circuit Court of Appeals.
Mr. Plumlee was recently part of the trial team that led a successful defense of a poultry sales director charged with criminal conspiracy by the Antitrust Division of the Department of Justice alleging price fixing and bid rigging over an 8-year period. In 2021, the team secured a hung jury following a seven-week jury trial in U.S. District Court in Denver, Colorado, followed by another hung jury in 2022. As a result of the aggressive defense by the RMP team, the Antitrust Division dismissed the case with prejudice, earning the team top honors as AmLaw’s Litigators of the Week.
- University of Arkansas School of Law J.D. 1996
- University of Central Arkansas B.A. , Business Administration 1993
- Anti-Corruption Compliance (FCPA)
- Business Disputes
- Commercial Litigation
- Complex White-Collar Litigation
- Corporate Security, Counseling, and Training
- Government Investigations
- Healthcare Investigations – Civil and Criminal
- Internal Investigations
- Investigations and Corporate Compliance
- Tax Controversy and Litigation – Civil and Criminal
- Threat Management and Risk Assessment
Community & Recognitions
- One of three candidates submitted to President Obama for consideration as United States Attorney for the Western District of Arkansas by United States Senators Blanche Lincoln and Mark Pryor
- Bentonville History Museum, Board of Directors
- Member, First United Methodist Church, Bentonville, Arkansas
Associations & Memberships
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Arkansas Bar Association
- Member, Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Member, DRI Government Enforcement & Corporate Compliance Committee
- Member, International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC)
- Member, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL)
- Member, White Collar Defense and Investigation Committee
- Washington County Bar Association
- United States District Court (Western and Eastern District of Arkansas)
- United States District Court (Eastern District of Texas)
- United States District Court (Colorado)
- United States District Court (Western District of Missouri)
- 8th Circuit Court of Appeals
GCR Honors RMP LLP with 2023 Behavioral Matter of the Year Award RMP LLP, along with the other defense firms in the broiler chicken criminal antitrust case, were honored with Global Competition Review’s (GCR) 2023 “Behavioral Matter of the Year (Americas)” award,...
Members of the RMP Litigation Team, led by Wendy Johnson and Chris Plumlee recently represented a client in back-to-back, eight and six-week, jury trials in Denver, Colorado. These trials involved 10 defendants who were charged with a conspiracy to fix prices and...