Alex Miller began working for RMP Law as an associate tax attorney in July of 2006 and became a partner of the firm in January of 2012. He earned his undergraduate degree in Accounting from Arkansas State University, his law degree from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock William H. Bower School of Law, and his Master of Laws degree in Taxation from the University of San Diego. Mr. Miller focuses his practice in three areas: Estate Planning, Business Planning and Transactions, and IRS and State Tax Disputes.
Mr. Miller has extensive experience and expertise in the drafting of wills, trusts, and other estate planning documents; pre and post death tax planning for individuals, trusts and estates; preparation and filing of estate and gift tax returns; and estate and trust administration. Mr. Miller advises business clients in all aspects of federal and state tax planning, including tax planning and strategies for choosing the correct legal entity, real estate transactions, mergers, acquisitions, and dispositions of business enterprises. Mr. Miller also represents individual and corporate taxpayers in large dollar and/or complicated disputes before the U.S. Tax Court, the IRS, and state taxing authorities.
- University of San Diego, LL.M. in Taxation 2006
- University of Arkansas at Little Rock, J.D., 2005
- Arkansas State University, B.A. in Accounting, 2002
- Estate Planning Probate and Trusts
- Asset Protection
- Business Planning and Transactions
- IRS and State Tax Controversies
- Taxation Law and Tax Planning
Community & Recognitions
- Fellow, American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC)
- Best Lawyers in America in Tax Law and Business Law (2021 – 2022)
- Graduate of Class I of the Heart of American Fellows Institute of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel Fellow (ACTEC).
- Appointed to the Arkansas Supreme Court’s “Practice Closure Task Force”, which is overseen by the Arkansas’ Office of the Committee on Professional Conduct.
- Assisted in drafting of legislation and testified before the Arkansas House Committee regarding such legislation (House Bill 1810 of 2019 – The Arkansas Qualified Spousal Trust Act).
- Speaker at the Arkansas Bar Association Mid-Winter Bar Meeting regarding The Arkansas Dynasty Trust Act and The Arkansas Qualified Spousal Trust Act (February 2020).
- Frequent volunteer at various events to speak and provide continuing education on estate planning, business planning and tax planning and controversy related matters.
- Selected for “Northwest Arkansas Business Journal’s Top 40 Under 40” (2013)
Associations & Memberships
- Arkansas Bar Association (Taxation Section/Probate and Trust Section)
- Washington County Bar Association
- Benton County Bar Association
- United States District Court (Western)
- United States Tax Court
Please join us for the first annual NWA Business Summit on November 17, 2017 at the Embassy Suites in Rogers, Arkansas. The free event will last from 9:00 am to 4:30 pm. Click here to register today! Please join our attorneys in any of the following discussions: Has...
Alex Miller, Joe Reece, John Neihouse and Collier Moore are speaking at the Top Estate Planning Techniques seminar today in association with the National Business Institute. ALEX G. MILLER, with Reece Moore Pendergraft LLP in Fayetteville, Arkansas focuses his...